Is Use of the Web Declining?

For a few months now I've noticed a downward visitor trend in multiple sites that I manage across a wide range of topics. I've started to ask myself the odd question is use of the web actually declining?

I think we have to accept that at some point numbers are going to plateau online, this endless rise in traffic has to stop somewhere, but when are we going to get there? Are we there now?

Oddly enough there was an April fool post about the declining web recently, and in an ironic twist it may have been more accurate than the writer could have thought!

Has anyone else noticed any weird trends in their data like this?

Comments

  1. Weird to comment on my own blog I kow, but I think this graph speaks for itself:

    http://pewinternet.org/Data-Tools/Download-Data/~/media/Infographics/Trend%20Data/January%202009%20updates/Internet%20Diffusion%201%206%2009.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts